Skip to main content

I have legally changed my gender

If your gender has been legally changed, your student record should be updated.

Gender information is collected by the university for statistical purposes only, including enrolment reporting. Your gender will not be disclosed in your transcripts, graduation awards or other official university documents. More information on why our university collects gender information can be found in our frequently asked questions.

  • Updating your legal gender

    To update your legal gender on your student record:

    1. Complete the gender change section of the Name/Gender Change form found on MyCampus under the Documents tab.

    Please note that it can take up to three working days to process your documentation. During peak times, it may take a bit longer than usual.

    Your confidentiality is of the highest importance to us. You can update your record online, or if you would prefer to make an appointment, please contact Mhairy McLachlan, Manager Information and Client Services. Please bring the original copy of your updated birth registration or birth certificate and a piece of government ID updated with your gender change.

    If you ever feel as though you are experiencing discrimination or harassment while at Ontario Tech University and would like additional support, please contact an Equity and Inclusivity Advisor.