Skip to main content

Health coverage

All clients must have insurance coverage. You will be covered under one of the following:

Ontario Health Insurance Plan
You must present your Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) card at each visit to the Campus Health Centre (CHC). If you have questions or concerns about your OHIP coverage, contact the OHIP office located at:

419 King Street West 
Oshawa Centre – Executive Tower, 4th floor
Oshawa, ON L1G 7G2


Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Out-of-province insurance

The CHC accepts all other provincial health cards. You must present your health card at each visit.  

Quebec medicare

The Ontario Ministry of Health doesn’t have a reciprocal agreement for billing as it does with other provinces. If you are a student from Quebec, you will be billed directly (at OHIP rates) for those insured services.

We will assist you in completing an out-of-province claim form, enabling you to be refunded by your Quebec Health Insurance Plan.

University Health Insurance Plan

The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) is compulsory for all international students. If you have questions about the plan that the website doesn't answer, please contact the UHIP Insurer (Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada) or the University Plan Administrator (UHIP-UPA) at UOIT.

Member claim inquiries
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada